This is a timeline used for comparing and contrasting the times of Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin and Lenin:
RECOMMENDED INSTRUCTIONS OF USE:
- In the search bar, type any year from 1883 to 1953 in numbers. The computer will find all the occurrences of that year, along with the phrases that appear after it.
- In case no data appears, it means nothing significant happened that year; therefore, there is no information to be displayed.
- The format of data is YEAR || COUNTRY || LEADER || SIGNIFICANCE
- The options preferable for most effective visualization are
- Occurrence order
- Clicks will zoom:
- clicking on a word in the tree, zooms into a particular branch
- control-clicking on a word, uses that new word as the main search term
HOW TO KNOW WHAT YEAR TO TYPE?
While you can type any year to check availability of data, the major years can be found by studying the following word cloud made using http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/8013348/hitler_stalin_mussolini: